2 Playlists For The Price Of 1
So I was doing a little music clean out and organization (something you can do with your isolation time) and I realized that I made two playlists I never posted. So I thought, might as well release them at the same time. I wanted to make a new playlist but I already had two hidden in my pocket. I guess these songs are sort of part one and part two of growth. I think a lot has happened since the start of the first playlist and the one after that.
Who thought that going through old music would be somewhat emotionally exhausting. I started going through the playlist that started it all – We’ll let you know-, originally the playlist was not posted but I decided to edit into a previous post of new years 2019. It’s just a bunch of songs right? But for some reason, it meant much more than that to me. It was sort of a diary of songs and I even wrote in one of my journals an in-depth understanding and reading of what these songs mean to me. This was the time when I came out and when I broke off into the world. It was a time when I met new people and new friends, which are either still in my life or not at all. All the same, it’s a special moment in my life.
These next two playlists were ones that I got lost in but lost in a good way. A happy lost.
The named of the playlist -i cant tell if im smiling-
This is the start of confusion and realization. I wasn’t sure if I was happy, hence not knowing for sure if I’m smiling because I feel that I haven’t been okay for a while. Smiling is a new action. I think I got a new hair cut. Maybe I was going out more but I had to drink to feel any sense of enjoyment sometimes. But then I decided I should ease on the sauce. I felt opposition. Some songs were made me feel love, and others made me want to not feel anything and I was happy with that. It felt good to decide my emotions. Further in the playlist, I start going back and forth. I realize that this is a hefty 50 songs in one home. Things start to evolve to the next part of things. I learn of new artists and old ones I didn’t get a chance to listen to.
- Applaud by Yves Tumor
- Veloria by the Pixies
- Fourth Time Around by Bob Dylan
- Say So by Doja Cat
- The Bean Kicked in by Zack Fox
- I DONT LOVE YOU ANYMORE By Tyler, The Creator
- Guy by Remi Wolf
- Sunday Morning by The Velvet Underground
- Make It Forever by George Clanton
- Noid by Yves Tumor
- King Of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1 by Neutral Milk Hotel
- Renee by Sales
- First Love Never Dies by Soko
- Just Want To Make It New With You by Soko
- I Between Days by The Cure
- Being Sad Is Not A Crime by Soko
- Disco by Surf Curse
- Hybrid Moments by the Misfits
- BEST INTEREST by Tyler, The Creator
-ill be your mirror-
This is great, this is when it gets good. I remember now… I started going out more on walks. I started drawing more and expressing myself. I remembered the things I loved and dancing seems great. I start to obsess over The Velvet Underground, David Bowie, and The Smiths/Morrissey. I finally was able to talk about my two favorite things with someone and I went out more. I tried to expand myself for others, and I tried to be transparent. Transparent is a great word to describes these feelings. I started to stay up till 5 in the morning, but because I wanted to and I never wanted the night to end. As corny as it sounds, I got to taste the sun again. I wanted to be your mirror and to show that every part of YOU is worth more than what others said or made you feel. I couldn’t wait for the next moment to come.
I know that when I started to obsess, it’s happening again. haha… I forget what time it is and I start to think of nothing else. Like I said, songs are a diary and the more I write and reflect on it as I listen, the more it makes sense. I like this song.
- I’ll be your Mirror by The Velvet Underground
- Rock The Casbah by The Clash
- Hush by Deep Purple
- Time Machine by Willow
- The Dream Goes on Forever by Todd Rundgren
- Pale Blue Eyes by The Velvet Underground
- I Won’t Share You by The Smiths
- Start Me Up by The Rolling Stones
- NEW MAGIC WAND by Tyler, The Creator
- You Make It Easy by Air
- Lady Grinning Soul by David Bowie
- The Man Who Sold the Worl by David Bowie
- Cemetery Gates by The Smiths
- Nowhere, Girl by Ruru
- Boys Keep Swinging by David Bowie
- Pretty Girls by Tuckered Out
- I Saw The Light by Todd Rundgren
- Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie
- The Bed Took Fire by Morrissey
This was a very long post and I hope I didn’t bore you! I love to listen to new music and playlists so link your Spotify or playlists in the comments below!
On other news, I’ve been thinking of revamping the site or maybe Instagram but I’m not too sure about the details, but the color coordination is still a go! I hope you guys have a great and safe time staying indoors and maybe you won’t go too crazy!