Hello! Happy First day of spring. I would have posted a new playlist today but I am behind on my SOTW! But don’t worry, a new playlist will be published this week!
Lately, I’ve been listening to a mixture of song and artists, so nothing in particular.
Most of these songs are on a playlist I made where I save new songs to show to you guys. Pretty much all of these will appear on the Spring Break Playlist…
Continue reading “SOTW #44”
I have not posted New Artist Inspiration for a long time and I thought now would be a good time to tell you who has been inspiring to me!
Continue reading “New Artist Inspiration: Ruru”
Hello. So like I said so much music has been a big factor and friend in my life. Recently I have been introduced to many new songs, artists, and albums and I feel that I should make a list of these things just so we could be on the same page in the music vibe. That reminds me- I have a lot of books to read. Maybe I should make a book club or something. I know that I want to read a book during the Christmas break, and especially the summer break. Oh, I can not wait for the summer. So much is going to happen and I am so excited.
Now about music.
I’ve been sort of overplaying my Fallin Down playlist (which you should go check out on the menu), so I’ve been playing absolutely anything and any recommendations on Spotify. So I collected these songs and albums in hope to make a cumulative list.
This is not in any specific order
Albums and EPs
- Love Child by Enjoy
- Funk Way Bounces Vol.1 by Calvin Harris
- Little World by Zack Villere
- Is Everything Okay In Your World? by Yellow Days
- This Is Fine. by Winona Forever
- Nothing Bothers Me by Triathalon
- Cold Shower (EP) by Triathalon
- Boo Boo by Toro y Moi
- Human Ceremony by Sunflower Bean
- Vault Vol 3 by STRFKR
- Apricot Princess by Rex Orange County
- Ti Amo by Phoenix
- After Laughter by Paramore
- Green Juice by Papooz
- Amo XO by No Vacation
- Headroom by Men I Trust
- Super Clean Vol. 1 (EP) by The Marías
- The OOZ by King Krule (and I need to listen to Six Feet Beneath the Moon again)
- American Boyfriend by Kevin Abstract
- Underwater Pipe Dreams by Inner Wave
- Yellow and Such (EP) by Gus Dapperton
- Powerplant by Girlpool
- Blonde by Frank Ocean
- Freudian by Daniel Caesar
- Utopia by Björk
- Dedicated To Bobby Jameson by Ariel Pink
- SATURATION by BROCKHAMPTON
- Goblin by Tyler the Creator (I’ve heard some of these songs but I want to listen to it as a collective)
- I Was a Fool by Sunflower Bean
- Tepid Soul by Poppy Ajudha
- Love Falls Down by Poppy Ajudha
- Mind Fields by No Vacation
- Hope To Be Around by Men I Trust
- Tail Whip by Men I Trust
- You Deserve This by Men I Trust
- Lauren by Men I Trust
- Double L by Club Kuru
- Best I Can by Micheal Cera feat. Sharon Van Etten
It is a long list, but that’s the point. I want to constantly immerse myself in new music. I know some of these artists already and have heard few of these albums. However, I want to go back on some and really listen to them and enjoy them in its entirety. I’m not sure where to start. Maybe I’ll make separate playlists with the albums divided.
I hope you follow me and listen to these selections!
Give it a listen, give music a chance.
For this song of the week I’ve been listening to a lot of Rex Orange County. Reason being is that it’s all my boyfriend has been playing everyday lol. But hey, I like it. We actually stumbled upon him when I was watching music videos for Jakob Ogawa and I saw a video for Rex Orange County, and since then my boyfriend has been hooked listening to him every day. We were surprised to find out that Rex was featured in two of Tyler The Creators songs in his new album Flower Boy. Damn this music world is so diverse and interconnected. I love it so much
Rex Orange County Songs:
This is the video we watched
Loving is Easy
Learning about these new artists just feels so rewarding and welcoming. New music is good to expose yourself to.
Give it a listen, Give music a chance.